For North Carolina recreational vehicle owners who treasure their RV, Protective Agency provides RV insurance as special and valuable as their vehicle. Typically, purchasing an RV is a significant investment, so our insurance professionals are committed to helping you protect it. Although this type of insurance is similar to car insurance, the differences are what make it so important to an RV owner.
The Protection Difference
The most significant difference between insuring your RV and insuring your car is the limit of liability offered by the insurance carriers. For example, personal liability in the RV insurance package will extend to vacation liability and offer coverage similar to a homeowner’s policy.
The physical damage limits are much higher as well. While a top-of-the-line Mercedes runs about $120,000, a Class A RV will run about $350,000. That’s a lot of coverage for one policy to handle. The RV package offers far broader coverage than the personal auto package, including the following mandatory and non-mandatory coverages listed below:
Mandatory Coverage in North Carolina
When looking to insure your auto home, the following liability coverage must be included in your RV insurance policy.
- Bodily Injury Liability: This insurance pays for medical expenses that you are liable for in the event of an at-fault accident.
- Property Damage Liability: If you or another insured driver are in an at-fault accident, Property Damage Liability will pay to repair or replace the other driver’s vehicle.
Non-Mandatory Coverage in North Carolina
The following is a list of coverage options available to you when purchasing an RV insurance policy. Although these options are non-compulsory it’s important to determine which ones may best suit your needs.
- Medical Payments: This coverage will pay for your injuries as well as injuries of passengers in your vehicle, no matter who’s at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: This policy pays if you are injured by another driver who is uninsured or underinsured in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Property Damage: This optional coverage pays if your vehicle is damaged by another driver who is uninsured or underinsured, or if you are in a hit and run accident.
- Comprehensive: This provides coverage if your RV is damaged for reasons other than an accident, such as vandalism or theft.
- Collision: Collision coverage pays for repairs or replacement of your RV in the event of an at-fault accident.
- Rental Reimbursement: This policy pays a per diem reimbursement for a rental vehicle if your RV is under repair or needs to be replaced after an at-fault accident.
- Roadside Assistance: This optional coverage reimburses the policyholder if a tow truck or roadside assistance is needed due to issues such as a flat tire, engine failure, getting locked out, or running out of gas.
These additional coverages are available to complement any RV insurance policy already in place.
- Full Timer Option: If you’re living in your RV, you can get primary residence protection. These additional coverages are available
- Vacation Liability: This coverage provides coverage of injury and property damage that might happen while using your RV as a vacation home.
- Permanent Attachments: Many RVs have expensive awnings that need insurance coverage in the event they are damaged by a covered peril.
- Emergency Expense: This coverage picks up your expenses if you have to stay in a hotel while your RV is under repair due to a covered peril.
- Personal Effects Coverage: This provides coverage for your belongings in your RV.
- Layup or Storage Discount: Many RV owners put their RV in storage for several months each year. This option lowers your RV insurance premium since you’re not using the RV.
Our Promise of Convenience
By visiting one of our state-wide offices, placing a call with us or visiting us online, our trusted professionals at Protective Agency can get you quoted and covered quickly and efficiently. Our promise is to be as informative as possible and take the time necessary to provide answers to all your RV insurance coverage questions honestly and professionally.
Protective Agency Insurance provides North Carolina drivers reliable RV insurance at affordable rates. Call us today at (877) 739-9367 for a free quote. We look forward to