Non-Owners Insurance Quotes in North Carolina

For drivers who do not own a vehicle but still need liability coverage for times when they borrow or rent a vehicle, the Non-Owners Insurance policy from Protective Agency will meet your needs. A non-owner liability policy will provide bodily injury liability and property damage liability when you are operating a vehicle not owned by you.


If you are convicted of a major violation such as a DUI/DWI or are found at-fault after an accident, and you had no liability insurance in place at the time of the accident, most states will require you to file an SR-22 or FR-44. An insurance carrier must provide this form to the Department of Motor Vehicles so that you can get your driver’s license reinstated. If you do not own a vehicle, the only resolution would be to purchase a non-owners insurance policy.


When to Consider a Non-Owners Insurance Policy


  • If you do not own a vehicle but rent a car frequently, you are typically required to purchase liability and physical damage coverage from the rental company, which can be rather expensive. However, if you have a non-owners insurance policy, the rental company will not force you to purchase the liability portion of their insurance, and you will typically pay less in the long-run.


  • If you do not own a vehicle but borrow one occasionally, the vehicle owner’s insurance will typically pay if you are in an at-fault accident. However, if the expenses from the accident exceed the limits of the owner’s insurance policy, your non-owners policy would pick up the excess, up to the limits of your policy.


  • If you are temporarily between vehicles, canceling your auto insurance will cause a lapse in your insurance history. By changing your auto insurance to a non-owners policy, you can maintain continuous coverage and loyal customer status with your carrier. Also, you will have coverage if you borrow a car or test-drive a vehicle not owned by a dealer.


When Not to Consider a Non-Owners Insurance Policy


  • If you have regular access to a car, such as a neighbor’s or family member’s, and they have listed you as a driver on their policy.


  • If you live with your parents and use their vehicles, their insurance company will require that you are listed as a driver on their policy.


Coverage Provided

A non-owners insurance policy from Protective Agency will typically provide the same coverage as a standard insurance policy without the comprehensive, collision jor OTC benefit, or rental reimbursement and roadside assistance. Non-owners insurance policies include:


  • Bodily Injury Liability: This pays for medical expenses that you are liable for in the event of an at-fault accident.
  • Property Damage Liability: If you or another insured driver are in an at-fault accident, Property Damage Liability will pay to repair or replace the other driver’s vehicle.
  • Uninsured Motorist: This pays if you are injured by another driver in an accident who is uninsured or underinsured.
  • Medical Payments: Medical coverage will pay for your injuries and injuries to passengers in your vehicle, no matter who’s at fault in an accident.


Convenience is Our Promise!


With our online quoting system and offices across the state, the insurance professionals at Protective Agency can get you quoted and covered quickly and efficiently. We promise not to hurry you, and we promise to provide answers to all your auto insurance coverage questions honestly and professionally.


Low Down Payment | Low Monthly Payments

Get your free quote. Talk to an representative in your area.

Start Quote