Car Insurance Quotes in North Carolina
It’s the law! If you live in North Carolina, and you want to register your vehicle, you must have car insurance with minimum limits as follows:
- Bodily Injury Liability – $30,000 per person and $60,000 aggregate
- Property Damage Liability – $25,000 per accident
The insurance professionals at Protective Agency have your back when it comes to affordable car insurance in North Carolina. Our experienced agents are available to help you navigate the confusing environment of this type of insurance. Whether you just want the minimum state required coverages or a large coverage package, we can do it all at an affordable cost. Part of our business is helping you save money. Our team of experienced professionals can help you find a solution based on your needs, whether it be to bundle, raise your deductible, or change your coverage, we are here to help you come in well under budget.“
Car insurance is offered as a package of coverages that you can select from to build a policy that is right for you and fits your budget. Insurance companies would rather cover all of your liability needs, a one-stop shop to make your life easier. The coverages available are as follows:
Mandatory Coverage in North Carolina
- Bodily Injury Liability: This insurance pays for medical expenses that you are liable for in the event of an at-fault accident and is required under North Carolina law.
- Property Damage Liability: If you or another insured driver is in an at-fault accident, your Property Damage Liability will pay to repair or replace the other person’s vehicle or property. Note that this coverage is also required under North Carolina law.
Optional Coverages in North Carolina
- Medical Payments: This type of coverage will pay for your injuries as well as the injuries of any passengers that happen to be in your vehicle, no matter who’s at fault in an accident. You also have the option to select a limit of coverage that fits your budget.
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: This coverage pays if you are injured by another driver who is uninsured or underinsured in an accident. Nationally, 1 in 7 drivers do not carry state their state’s required coverage, so this coverage offers more coverage for you and your passengers.
- Uninsured Motorist Property Damage: This optional coverage pays if your vehicle is damaged by another driver who is uninsured or underinsured, or if you are in a hit and run accident.
- OTC: Other than collision provides coverage if your vehicle is damaged for reasons other than an accident, such as vandalism or theft. You have the option to select a deductible that suits your budget. This is one area in which you may save money, simply by raising your out-of-pocket deductible. Instead of having a $500 deductible, raise it to $1,000, and watch your premium decrease.
- Collision: Collision coverage pays for repairs or replacement of your vehicle in the event of an at-fault accident. This is another area in which you can select a deductible to meet your needs and save money.
- Rental Reimbursement: This coverage pays a per diem reimbursement for a rental vehicle if your vehicle is under repair or needs to be replaced after an at-fault accident. If you eliminate or lower this amount of coverage, you will notice a change in your insurance premium.
- Roadside Assistance: This optional coverage reimburses the policyholder if a tow truck or roadside assistance is needed due to issues such as a flat tire, engine failure, getting locked out, or running out of gas. Many people choose to use an outside carrier for roadside assistance. Make sure you are not paying for this service twice. Either cancel the outside provider, eliminating an excess bill, or remove this from your policy, saving you money. We believe it is more cost effective to remove the third-party provider!
Car Insurance You Can Afford
Protective Agency’s car insurance professionals take pride in offering multiple insurance solutions at affordable rates with monthly payments that will fit your budget. Take a moment and view our website. Then, give us a call. Protective Agency’s car insurance professionals take pride in offering insurance solutions at affordable rates with monthly payments that will fit your budget… We are available to answer your questions about saving money and helping you keep yourself and your family insured!
For car insurance in North Carolina, look to Protective Agency for a policy that meets your needs and your budget. Feel free to call us at (877) 739-9367 or visit any of our 17 locations in North Carolina for a free and confidential insurance quote.